Experts at OSU say that we have about a 30% chance of a 9.0 earthquake in the next 50 years. Tillamook County Commissioner Mark Labhart encourages Tillamook County citizens to attend Prepare Out Loud!, an American Red Cross presentation on how to prepare yourself and your business for an earthquake and subsequent Tsunami.
The American Red Cross Cascades Region is helping our community be prepared for disasters such as a 9.0 Cascadia Subduction Zone earthquake by holding the Prepare Out Loud community preparedness forum. Attendees will experience a unique and interactive presentation where they will learn:
* the science and history of the Cascadia Subduction Zone,
* how humans behave during disasters,
* what to expect during a Cascadia earthquake,
* how to quickly locate your loved ones following a disaster, and
* how much food, water and other supplies you will need to take care of yourself and others.
Following Prepare Out Loud, attendees will understand the central role their actions and voices play in building a culture of preparedness and resilience.
Friday, September 30, 2016, 9:30- 11:30am, Port of Tillamook Bay Board Room, 4000 Blimp Blvd.
Friday, September 30, 2016, 1:00PM – 3:00PM, 225 Laneda Avenue, Manzanita
Register NOW at: